Storage & Moving Services:
How To Make Your Move More Painless
- Be realistic with your time and moving abilities. Moving is an exhaustive,
time consuming process. Most people over estimate what they will have
time to complete themselves. You will likely be busy arranging the moving
logistics, making change of service orders, arranging the new location
move in, letting family and friends know about the move, working through
the families move challenges, finalizing the home sales, completing
last minute repairs, cleaning, and maintaining the normal work / home
routines to take care of all the packing, and moving yourself. Look
for a moving company that can help you with your entire move. Your move
will be a whole lot simpler if you're able to work with one professional,
full service, moving company that can manage your entire move from start
- Poor packing, not filling boxes, and using flimsy boxes often causes
damages to your items.
- If you pack yourself, call the moving company three days prior to
your moving date to verify how much packing you have done and discuss
if you'll be ready for the move.
- Talk to your moving team about any special requests that you have
of them right away when they arrive. For example: no smoking in the
home, be especially gentile with…, avoid the dog that is tied
up in the back yard.
- Offer your moving team cold drinks often. A pizza lunch or meal goes
a long way toward making your movers very happy.
- Don't micro-manage your movers. Tell them what you want right away
and step back to let them do their jobs. Too much attention to the little
details can make for a long day for everyone.